Polaris Adds Tailsweep Pro and Other Enhancements to 3900 Sport Pool Cleaner
Upgrades continue to be added to premium pressure cleaner to ensure longevity and meet customer requests
SAN DIEGO – Aug. 27, 2012 – Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc. continues its commitment to continual product improvement with the introduction of the TailSweep Pro™ and additional enhancements to its market-leading, premium, Polaris® pressure pool cleaner, the Polaris 3900 Sport. A global team of Zodiac engineers captured data from the field and within controlled testing environments to determine key improvement areas wanted by customers. The result is a new and improved Polaris 3900 Sport model that includes both mechanical and aesthetic improvements to deliver premium performance for a sustained period, providing improved durability and a trouble-free pool cleaning experience for homeowners.
The TailSweep Pro is a simple retrofit accessory that improves sweeping by delivering 50 percent more flow through its jet pump propulsion. It also prevents the pressure-side pool cleaner’s sweep hose from spraying water out of the pool and splashing windows, walkways and landscaping. The accessory retails for $29.95 (MSRP). Features include:
- Simple snap-on technology – allows it to be added directly, in less than a minute, onto the end of the sweep hose; no tools required for installation
- High efficiency – maximizes water propulsion to blow debris out of corners and enhance sweeping action
- Broad application – it works on any Polaris 3-wheeled pressure-side pool cleaner, including Polaris 380, 360, 280 and 180 cleaners, in addition to coming standard on the new 3900 Sport model.
In addition to the spray issues solved by the TailSweep Pro, the team found customers identified several other common complaints that occur with all brands of pressure cleaners. Zodiac proactively addressed these challenges by incorporating several other enhancements in the Polaris 3900 Sport, including:
- All-wheel drive Posi-Drive system. With its stainless steel drive chain, chain guard and redesigned tensioner pulley and spring, this system minimizes hang-ups and delivers more torque than other cleaners in its class, resulting in superior performance, best-in-class speed and maneuverability
- A 2.5” vacuum inlet – largest in the category – driven by a powerful, triple-jet, Venturi suction design, the outlet captures large debris and prevents clogging
- Wide Trax tires increase surface contact, provide optimal traction and aid climbing and maneuverability
- Large capacity SuperBag with non-binding zipper makes cleaning easy and minimizes frequency of cleaning
- 8-Point mechanical upgrade providing strength, durability and a hassle-free user experience, including gear box upgrade for extended lifespan
The improved Polaris 3900 Sport retails for $899, with a $200 in-season rebate, valid through Sept. 3, 2012. For those owners who have an older version of the 3900 Sport model, a tune-up kit is now available (part # R0543200) for $199.00 (MSRP) to improve the ruggedness and durability.
About Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc.
Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc., a subsidiary of Zodiac Marine & Pool, S.A.S., is a global leader in swimming pool and spa products and services. The company’s comprehensive product lines are marketed under the leading brand names of Zodiac®, Polaris®, Jandy® Pro Series, Nature2®, and Cover-Pools®. Zodiac is the leading provider of premium, innovative pool and spa products and is committed to designing and producing the most energy efficient, earth-friendly pool products and systems available.
To learn more about Zodiac, visit www.zodiacpoolsystems.com or call 800-822-7933.